Saturday 31 October 2015

Making Spirits Bright - Mini Card

There is a throw-back challenge this week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  I've chosen to go with the January 2014 Blues Challenge.

For this adorable mini card, I used the Jar Stamp and Die set by Stephanie Barnard from Sizzix.  I cut the jar twice on Michael's 120lb cardstock.  I then used Distress inks to color the front of the card, with Peacock Feathers on the bottom, Blueprint Sketch in the middle, and Chipped Sapphire at the top.  I sprinkled some water droplets on the card for some texture, and then I used some Sakura Koi white watercolor and flicked little speck on to create the snow.




I die cut the hills from Simon Says Stamp's Stitched Slopes and Hills, and then die cut the hills using the jar die again so that they fit perfectly onto my card.  I also used Simon Says Stamp Village Dies to cut out the houses and trees.  I attached the houses and trees to the hills and then adhered the hills to the card front using foam tape to give them some dimension.  Finally, I used Close to My Heart's Bright Spirits stamp set to add the sentiment in Pacifica ink.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet holiday card and love the layering of the snowy scene against the beautiful background. Thanks for playing along in our throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete