Sunday 29 November 2015

Ink Smooshing Thanks

Hey guys!  Today I want to show you the card I made for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog Thanks/Thanksgiving Challenge.  Whew, that's a tongue twister, isn't it?  To make this card, I used some Michael's cardstock for the base, and some 140lb watercolor paper for the ink smooshing (see Kristina Werner for how to do that technique).  I stamped a sketchy heart from Tim Holtz' Heartfelt Visual Artistry collection in Versamark, and then embossed it in white.





I then used Your Next Stamp's Thanks die on black cardstock, which I mounted on fun foam (cut from the same die) and adhered it to the front of the ink smooshed panel.  I think mounted the panel onto some paper from my stash.  Both the smooshed panel and the layer behind it were cut using Your Next Stamp's stitched rectangle dies.  I finished the card off with some CtMH enamel dots and some Wink of Stella, which I used on the thanks die cut.  You can see the sparkle more in the close up picture below:



 

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card! The background is so cool. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artsy, grungy and super coool! Love the graphically amazing appeal of this!

    ReplyDelete